Friday, February 6, 2009

As Time Goes On

There are turning points in life. Sometimes you see them coming, other times you realize it when they arrive, and other times it is not until after the fact that you know the significance of an experience.
Graduation was one. I saw that coming. I had no idea what it would lead to, but I knew that life would change. The next week, I began my first job (making bank, I might add) and truly left high school behind.
Moving to college was another turning point I anticipated. Throughout my life, I have been a home-body. Quite out of character, therefore, was my excitement. I was excited to have more freedom, a roommate, a new life.
Roommate, yeah... I didn't see that one coming. It was quite an experience, but that is all that needs saying. I knew, right in the middle of it all, that this would affect my life deeply.
Then there are things I look back at, and realize the huge impact they have had. The most trivial is Harry Potter. With my family, I am a huge fan. I love speculation, and being part of that experience was spectacular. It has shaped my interests and thought processes deeply. I still love speculation, but now I put that passion to deeper, and somewhat more applicable uses (doomsday tapes anyone?).
Then there are all the other turning points I am too lazy to list. Some hurt really bad. Others are really fun. Whatever it is, a turning point makes a change in not only my life, but in my personality. Just like everyone I meet shapes me, everything I go through changes me. I am grateful for everyone of these changes. No matter how hard it was, it made me learn something. I am a better me because of every turning point in my life.

No comments: