Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Gathering the Future

Gathering. It's an interesting word. What exactly does a gathering imply, particularly the gathering of the saints in the last days? Does it just mean we all end up in the same place? Or do we all come for the same reasons? And do we really gather to one place? It seems like everyone in the church has a very firm belief in their own particular view of the gathering. The major difference is whether we will all be gathered to Missouri or will be gathered in our own stakes around the world. Honestly, I don't care about that. I will follow the spirit and the prophet, and end up where I personally need to be.

Right now I need to be at BYU. For many members, this is part of the gathering. We come here to find friends within the church and grow in faith. I know that my testimony has grown exponentially for my time here. My first year was just acclimating to the idea of a gathering of saints. And then it exploded. My knowledge from classes first year started to really sink in and everything suddenly became real! This is my place right now in the gathering. I grow and increase in faith from this opportunity. As I take full advantage of my short time here, I will be prepared to head into the world for the next stage in my gathering.

No comments: