Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Olive Leaf

Reading the original transcript of D&C 88 made me notice different things. Without much punctuation, I got more of the idea than the specifics. I noticed several different things, and have explained my thoughts on each below.

The Holy Spirit of God is through all time and space, even while God is a single entity in a single place and time. Because the Spirit is part of God, He is able to see all things. He knows and understands everything in existence. And more than that, He is in and through all things. His power is the quickening and life-giving power of the universe. All things are dependent on His power and presence for their organization and existence. Thus, His power is restricted only by "wisdom, mercy, truth, justice, and judgment."

Before the last days, the responsibility of the Saints will be to declare the prophesies and commands of the Lord. I must take up this responsibility, as it is mine. I'm not one of the revolutionary students who helped change roll across Europe. I'm not someone who can march with Civil Rights activists. Those days are over. It's not the same anymore. But I can't sit quietly and watch the world be "made drunk with the wine of her fornication." (Rev. 17:2) Today my voice can make a difference. If one person speaks out, that is one less person supporting Babylon. And maybe someone will listen. But as long as I don't back down from my stand, I can be a rebel for righteousness. 

One day, God's full will will unroll across the face of the earth. It won't be calm and quiet. Testimony of the Lord will be born in the rumblings of earthquakes and thunder, in the flash of lightning, and in the sound of rushing floods. The entirety of our world will be thrown into turmoil and "reel as a drunken man" in the sky. This will be a terrifying day. No matter how righteous I am, if I am alive at that point, I will experience terror. Although my safety may be assured in Zion, many loved ones will probably be in the main line of destruction. But fear cannot exist where there is faith. I shall strive to have full faith to help accomplish God's will, no matter the temporal difficulty it may place me in.

No comments: